The Starachowice commune has started the implementation of another international project called "Cities for YOUth", co-financed by the European Union under the Erasmus + Program. This time we will focus on the exchange of good practices between various European countries in the field of youth policy and the development of soft skills among young people.
The project is implemented in an international partnership, where the Starachowice Commune is the leader, and the partners are: the City of Santarem (Portugal), the City of Klaipeda (Lithuania), and two non-governmental organizations - the Institute of Research & Training on European Affairs IRTEA from Greece and ACD LaHoya from Spain.
Project activities include:
- 3 international project meetings on project coordination, youth policy, Youth City Councils, youth activities and non-formal education. The meetings will be attended by city authorities, officials, decision makers and young people.
- Training for young people in Spain in soft skills and generating ideas.
- Online work on a joint initiative of youth groups from partner countries that will promote social activity and non-formal education among young people.
- International Youth Initiative in Lithuania, presented jointly during the celebration of the European Capital of Youth in 2021 in Klaipeda.
- Development of publications and reports presenting the description of youth policies in various European countries and methods of non-formal education (Blended Mobility).